Wednesday, September 15, 2021

No Time

 

He used to visit me in dreams although less and less as the time since his death has passed.

I remember the first time we talked and he told me he was okay and then he showed me his watch which had no hands on it.

“What good is that?” I asked.

He laughed.

“It’s to remind me that time does not exist here.” he replied.

He was the first of my close friends to die. He was only twenty-five and just about to graduate from medical school when he was killed in a car accident.

I never really talked to anyone about these “visits” I had experienced in dreams. 

One time at a small get together of high school friends I saw a girl sitting alone on the front porch. She looked familiar but I could not remember her name.

Something about her made me think that maybe she would understand about these dreams and not think I was crazy. I told her about the conversations I had had with my deceased buddy. 

She said that she not only understood but that she too had had many conversations with people in dreams. We talked for what seemed like hours. I began to get tired and glanced over at her watch to see what time it was. 

Her watch had no hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment